From the Album Joy – An Irish Christmas
Joy has dawned upon the world,
Promised from creation—
God’s salvation now unfurled,
Hope for ev’ry nation.
Not with fanfares from above,
Not with scenes of glory,
But a humble gift of love—
Jesus born of Mary.
Sounds of wonder fill the sky
With the songs of angels
As the mighty Prince of Life
Shelters in a stable.
Hands that set each star in place,
Shaped the earth in darkness,
Cling now to a mother’s breast,
Vuln’rable and helpless.
Shepherds bow before the Lamb,
Gazing at the glory;
Gifts of men from distant lands
Prophesy the story.
Gold—a King is born today,
Incense—God is with us,
Myrrh—His death will make a way,
And by His blood He’ll win us.
Son of Adam, Son of heaven,
Given as a ransom;
Reconciling God and man,
Christ, our mighty champion!
What a Savior! What a Friend!
What a glorious myst’ry!
Once a babe in Bethlehem,
Now the Lord of hist’ry.
Lyrics View +
- Choir Rhythm Pack View $4.95 Add to Cart
- Chord Charts View $2.95 Add to Cart
- Piano/Vocal View $3.99 Add to Cart
- Rhythm Charts View $5.95 Add to Cart
- Orchestration View $34.99 Add to Cart
- Songbook - Digital View $9.99 Add to Cart
- Songbook - Physical View Add to Cart
- Orchestration $34.99 Add to Cart
- Piano/Vocal $3.99 Add to Cart
- Hymn Sheet $3.99 Add to Cart
“Keith and Stuart Townend originally wrote “Joy Has Dawned” for a collection of hymns on the Apostle’s Creed. Like many carols, Stuart’s lyrics explain the Gospel story as the song develops. When we use this song in church services we combine it with one of our favorite carols, “Angels We Have Heard on High.” ”